IDEA Learning/ Study Centres
IDEA Foundation is working extensively to educate underprivileged children. The focus is to improve fundamental learning skills like Reading, Writing, Comprehension, languages and Maths. To achieve this objective, the foundation runs “Learning Centers“ for 1st to 4th std. and “Study Centers” for 5th to 7th std. in underprivileged, tribal and migrant communities. Through Activity Based Learning (ABL) using various educational aids, we want to ensure Holistic Development for marginalized children.
Education here is mingled with fun activities; equal attention is paid to each child with a realization that each one of them is unique.
- The objective is to identify school drop-out children and to provide required assistance for completing education.
- The focus is to minimize the number of school drop-outs through school and community level intervention.
- Centers are run in poverty stricken areas, the trainers are from the local community to create powerful student teacher connect.
- Teachers are given training regularly, to help them to understand the special needs of children.
- Children take part in extra-curricular activities and exposure visits.
- We provide school bags and other stationery to children to encourage children to come to school.