Supported by Social Ventures Partners (SVP), IDEA runs a Cooking course called Home Chefs at 2 locations in Pune – Kothrud and Yerawada. Through the course, women are taught to make different cuisines. Fully functional kitchens are made available and experts in the field conduct the clases. After the course, they are encourage to start their own business for which capacity buiding and market linkage support is extended to them.
Activities under the project:
- Cooking classes teaching various cuisines
- Sessions held to teach menu preparation, financial literacy, packaging, presentation, costing and management techniques
- Life skill sessions and Exposure visits
- Entrepreneurial Development Programme and Self Help Group formation
- Market linkages and getting food orders for women
- Helping them market their food products at various exhibitions and shops.
Home Chefs project is helping many women to come out of their shells and hone their cooking skills. It is helping them become self-employed and financially independent. Exposure during exhibitions is making them more confident of their abilities.