After the completion of the Project “Inclusion Education for socially disadvantaged People ” in Bhor block of Pune district, IDEA is continuing the educational and community interventions in some of the most deprived schools and communities there with the support of Sir Peter Ustinov Foundation, under the name Project Samarth. The project covers two villages, three slums and 5 schools in Bhor Block, Pune district, in Maharashtra.
The project objectives are:–
- To improve attendance of children in schools and to create interest in studies in them
- To improve the academic performance of children
- To motivate parents in educating their children
- To impart skill based training to youth based on their aptitude
- To impart vocational training to women to earn better income